Buying Theater Tickets Susie: I cant believe Im going to get to see my favorite actor in a play. I want front row seats! David: Im looking at the venues seating plan right now and all front row seats are taken for the entire run. Im guessing that sea

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年ESL之餐饮娱乐

Participating in Winter Sports Hanna: Its finally snowing outside! Soon well be able to get out the sled. Ahmed: Sledding is for kids. Im going downhill skiing as soon as theres enough powder. I cant wait to feel the wind in my hair as I careen down

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年ESL之餐饮娱乐

Doping in Sports Mia: This is ridiculous! Theyre going to suspend Eric Rodrigo for doping. Alex: From what Ive read, he failed his random drug test and they found performance- enhancing drugs in his system. Mia: But hes one of the best players on the

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年ESL之餐饮娱乐

ESL Podcast 1193 Reducing Food Waste Jon: Wait! What are doing with that squishy tomato? Marta: Im tossing it. Its no good anymore. Jon: Ill take it, and Ill take that stale bread, too. Marta: Stop! You cant fish that out of the trash. Jon: Im trying

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年ESL之餐饮娱乐

ESL Podcast 1179 Reading Food Labels Amy: Put a big bag of those potato chips in the basket. Giorgio: Have you read the nutritional label on these chips? Amy: No, but look. This doesnt have very much saturated fat, trans fat, or sodium. Giorgio: Look

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年ESL之餐饮娱乐

X-Men: The Last Stand (Movie) When a cure for mutants is discovered, Magneto's increasingly powerful Brotherhood declares war on the government, prompting Professor Charles Xavier's X-Men to regroup and do battle with Magneto once again. Joining th

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 娱乐新天地Trailer 2006

World Trade Center (Movie) In the aftermath of the World Trade Center disaster, hope is still alive. Refusing to bow down to terrorism, rescuers and family of the victims press forward. Their mission of rescue and recovery is driven by the faith tha

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 娱乐新天地Trailer 2006

The Queen (Movie) The Queen is an intimate behind the scenes glimpse at the interaction between HM Elizabeth II and Prime Minister Tony Blair during their struggle, following the death of Diana, to reach a compromise between what was a private trage

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 娱乐新天地Trailer 2006

Miami Vice (Movie) Ricardo Tubbs (Jamie Foxx) is urbane and dead smart. He lives with Bronx-born Intel analyst Trudy (Naomie Harris), as they work undercover transporting drug loads into South Florida to identify a group responsible for three murder

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 娱乐新天地Trailer 2006

Entertainment Seeing movies is my favorite. It's a thriller. He got the best actor award. She is a charred faced actor. I like to sing. We couldn't hold the voice down. We dance crazily. I traveled abroad. I took many pictures. I spent a lot of mone

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 不用背句型学英语

01 Describing Different Smells GLOSSARY to renovate to improve a room or building by rebuilding, expanding, and/orredecorating it * Theyre going to renovate their house by adding another bathroom. stale not fresh; old and used * The bread wont become

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之餐饮娱乐

10 Showing Respect and Disrespect GLOSSARY to snicker to laugh quietly and in a mean way, making fun of another person * The children snickered when their classmate made a mistake while doing a math problem on the blackboard. acclaim praise; fame for

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 2009年ESL之餐饮娱乐

06 Avoiding TV Show and Movie Spoilers GLOSSARY season the period of time when a series of programs are shown on television each year, usually in the fall and winter * When will the next season of Lostbegin? to premiere to be broadcast or shown on te

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 2009年ESL之餐饮娱乐

05Describing Boring and Exciting Things GLOSSARY to split up to separate; to stop doing something together and instead dodifferent things; to go different ways* Whenever they go to the grocery store, they split up so that she gets the fruits and vege

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 2009年ESL之餐饮娱乐

05Listening to the Radio GLOSSARY simulcast a live (not recorded) broadcast of an event or performance;something that is shown in two places or in two ways at the same time, such as on the television and the radio* I was watching the basketball game

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之餐饮娱乐

02A Movie Review GLOSSARY movie review an article in a newspaper, magazine, or website where the writergives his or her opinion about whether a movie was good or bad* According to the movie review, Planes, Trains, and Automobiles was a badmovie, but

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(118) / 评论(0) 分类 2008年ESL之餐饮娱乐

Watching Action Movies Claude: Oh no, this isnt another action movie, is it? Jean: Of course not. I know you like thrillers and this is a thriller. Claude: This definitely seems like a brainless action movie to me. Thats the second fight scene and we

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年ESL之餐饮娱乐

Making Soups and Stews Charlotte: Mmm, something smells good. Mohamed: Hey, put down that lid! Charlotte: Sorry, I just wanted to see what youre making. Mohamed: Im making chicken soup. Charlotte: Im really in the mood for a hearty stew. Theres nothi

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年ESL之餐饮娱乐

Driving an Off-Road Vehicle Claudia: When you invited me to go for a drive, this wasnt what I pictured. Jae: Youre about to have the ride of your life. Get in and Ill strap you in. Claudia: What is this thing? Jae: Its an off-road vehicle. Havent you

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年ESL之餐饮娱乐

Types of Humor Kyle: Are you watching that sitcom again? Its so stupid. Theres nothing witty or original about the humor. Paulina: I dont need highbrow jokes. I enjoy all kinds of comedy. Kyle: You mean you like screwball and slapstick humor. Paulina

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年ESL之餐饮娱乐